I went flying by myself this morning for the first time in almost two years. I kept it simple and just did some circuits. The conditions were ideal to work on the basics with no wind and the sky clear and sunny. My first landing was a little sloppy because of poor air speed control but after that, I made some pretty nice landings. I’ve also started paying more attention to the nose wheel. In the –A model RV’s, it’s critical that, when landing on uneven surfaces, the nose wheel be kept off the ground for as long as possible to reduce the risk of the wheel buckling into a hole or depression. It’s something I intend to work on while building my RV-9A.